Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Lovely Bones (Part 2)

Sorry for the long delay.
**Continued**

Nothing really works out the way you plan it, huh? When you want this, You get that. Tsk. Life.

But here, lets get to the movie.

The Lovely Bones is about a Pedo-Murderer...And the narrator is dead.

THE END

...
Nah, I keed.

The Lovely Bones rovolves around Susie Salmon who apparently is raped (I think) and murdered by this pedophile who actually has been doing this for years (Yeah, pretty weird). Now she watches her friends and family from purgatory(?) and sees how they continue to struggle for justice and try to cope up with their loss. In the end, Susie finally decides to let it go and achieves the peace she always longed for. Her family also learns to move on, her crush becomes happy with someone else...happily ever after, I guess.

If there's one thing I learned from this flick, it's that Life is not only about you, there are so much people around us, people we know, people we care about, but their life is not only about you. There is always a greater conspiracy behind every smile, tear, and action going on right now. Don't waste you vanity, know where to place yourself (and your pride).

So as I was saying (waaayyy back), I liked this person, but in my absence, she found another and they're happily happy right now, I guess. Letting go is not the easiest thing to do (in fact, I guess I've not really), but it comes with time. And I can't wait for that moment when I could really put this behind and move on.

"These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence. The connections, sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent., that happened after I was gone. And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it."
--Susie Salmon

Live. Love. Let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...